What Is General Medicine?
Getting routine care is essential when it comes to living a healthy life. At Gard Wellness Solutions, general medicine is the foundation of our care regimen and is offered to patients of all ages. Countless families throughout West Palm Beach, FL have trusted the primary care of their loved ones to our professionals for over 60 years. If you need a reliable and thorough checkup, schedule an appointment at our office with a member of our team today. We have flexible hours throughout the week and set aside time for emergencies, too.
What are the benefits of general medicine?
General medicine offers our West Palm Beach, FL patients a number of ways to enhance and encourage a healthy lifestyle, with benefits that include:
- Potential for diagnostic or baseline-gathering testing
- Establishment of the relationship between PCP and patient
- Ability to refill or adjust any prescription medication
- Maintain your good health and catch any budding issues while they may be manageable
What's Involved In Routine Care?
General medicine varies, depending on the patient's age, health needs, and outstanding medical concerns and conditions. When we perform your yearly checkup, we will take into account your unique needs. Some things that may play a role in your routine care can include:
- Yearly physical exams
- Sports or school physicals
- Employment/Department of Transportation physicals
- Pre-op or post-op clearances
- Blood work
- Breathing tests
Am I A Candidate For General Medicine Care?
Candidates for general medicine care at Gard Wellness Solutions include men, women, adolescents, and children who:
- Want to support their overall health with regular check-ups
- Need treatment for acute illnesses and injuries
- Are managing chronic health conditions
- Need diagnostic testing and labs
- Need telehealth services
- Want experienced, affordable, personalized health care
General Medicine FAQ
How often should you have a physical checkup?
At Gard Wellness Solutions, we recommend that most patients get a physical checkup once a year. In addition to catching any potential issues before they become a serious problem, an annual physical can help you and your doctor monitor your health and set optimal health goals.
What is usually included in a physical examination?
A typical physical exam usually includes:
- Taking vitals: blood pressure, breathing, blood pressure, temperature, height, weight, vision, hearing, etc.
- Basic examination of your body
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- A conversation about your health, any symptoms, and medical history
What does general medicine cover?
General medicine refers to the diagnosis, management, and nonsurgical treatment of health conditions, illnesses, injuries, and diseases.
Preserve Your Total Health
There are many things in life that require you to be in good physical shape. At Gard Wellness Solutions, we take a thorough and comprehensive approach when it comes to caring for your total health. Our West Palm Beach, FL staff is here to help preserve or improve your total health. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with Bryan Gard, PA-C and his team.