What Is Chronic Disease Management?
A chronic disease is a long-lasting condition that can limit your ability to function and requires ongoing care. While this can be an inconvenience in your day-to-day life, it's still possible to live comfortably and enjoy a relatively comfortable life as long as your condition is managed. At Gard Wellness Solutions, we can diagnose and manage a large number of conditions and help patients reduce their symptoms. While there are many chronic conditions that can't be cured, steps can still be taken to prevent the issue from worsening or even reduce outbreaks. Set up an appointment at our office in West Palm Beach, FL if you need relief from a medical condition that has been getting in the way of your quality of life.
What Are The Benefits Of Chronic Disease Management?
Millions of people worldwide are living with chronic diseases ranging from high cholesterol and hypertension to diabetes. Chronic disease management in West Palm Beach, FL at Gard Wellness Solutions, offers several great benefits to improve your health and quality of life, including:
- Management is personalized to your unique needs
- Monitors changes in health
- Provides diagnostic testing and screening
- Supports earlier diagnosis and treatment
- Improves treatment outcomes
- Modifies treatment and/or medications when necessary
- Reduces symptoms and negative effects of chronic disease
- Lessens risks for more serious health issues
- Improves overall health and well-being
What Are the Symptoms of Chronic Diseases?
Chronic diseases are long-term conditions that often progress slowly, making them a significant concern for millions worldwide. The symptoms can vary widely based on the specific disease, but several are commonly reported among many chronic conditions.
- Persistent fatigue: Often reported in conditions like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. It's not just being tired; it's a debilitating lack of energy that impedes daily tasks.
- Pain: Whether it's the persistent aching associated with arthritis or the sharp nerve pain of conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic discomfort is a frequent hallmark.
- Mood changes: Anxiety, depression, or overwhelming feelings often accompany chronic disease due to the strain of dealing with a long-term health condition.
- Cognitive difficulties: Conditions like multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's directly affect cognition, but even others, like lupus or diabetes, can cause problems with memory or concentration.
- Digestive issues: These are common across various chronic diseases, from Crohn's disease to diabetes.
- Shortness of breath or heart palpitations: These may suggest a chronic heart or lung disease.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain: Sudden changes in weight can be a sign of numerous chronic diseases, including thyroid disorders, diabetes, and cancer.
Am I A Candidate For Chronic Disease Management?
Chronic disease management at Gard Wellness Solutions encompasses a range of treatments and therapies to help reduce chronic disease symptoms while improving health and quality of life. The best candidates include women and men with a chronic disease that impacts their daily life and who wish to take control of their condition and health. This can mean patient education, lifestyle coaching, testing, medication management, and more. During your consultation, we will examine you and go over your medical history to determine if chronic disease management is right for you.
Types Of Chronic Illnesses
At Gard Wellness Solutions, we work with patients of all ages to manage a large number of chronic conditions, including:
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Smoking cessation
- Depression and anxiety
- GERD or acid reflux
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
What Should I Expect Following Chronic Disease Management?
At Gard Wellness Solutions, we want to help you live a life that’s not interrupted or worsened by a chronic condition. While some chronic diseases may go away naturally or be dormant for a period of time, most require lifelong management. The process of managing a condition and living a healthier life may look different for each person. If your chronic condition improves to the point where you no longer require a more hands-on approach to chronic disease management, our practitioners in West Palm Beach, FL can still help you with regular checkups so you stay on the right track with your health and condition.
Chronic Disease Management FAQ
What is included in chronic disease management?
Managing chronic diseases requires an integrated approach that includes:
- Regular check-ups
- Health monitoring
- Coordinating treatment with care providers
- Patient education
- Making healthy living decisions (diet, exercise, habits, etc.)
Can chronic diseases be cured?
No, the definition of chronic means that the disease is constant and long-lasting. This typically means that chronic disease is a lifetime condition that requires constant management to maintain health, reduce symptoms, and preserve quality of life.
What are the most important facts about chronic disease?
The most important facts about chronic diseases concern the number of people with chronic diseases:
- In the U.S., 60% of adults have a chronic disease.
- 40% of adults have two or more chronic diseases.
- Chronic diseases are the leading cause of death and disability.
- Chronic disease is the main driver of the U.S. $3.8 trillion annual health care costs.
What are the best ways to reduce chronic diseases?
The best things you can do to manage and prevent chronic disease are:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly
- Moderate alcohol intake
- Don’t smoke
- Have regular health checks
- Get enough sleep
- Know your family medical history
Keep Your Health In Check
Even if a chronic illness has had a negative impact on your enjoyment of life, it is possible to get relief. Our team at Gard Wellness Solutions is here to help make your health and your quality of life better by reducing your symptoms and restoring your comfort. Visit our West Palm Beach, FL office to get a fully personalized solution for your medical condition.
What Causes Cholesterol Levels to Rise?
Many aspects influence cholesterol levels, including genetics, diet, exercise, and other lifestyle factors.Read
What Are the Common Symptoms of A Diabetic?
Diabetes is a chronic condition with a long list of symptoms. It is important to know these symptoms so you can get treatment early.Read